What is Developmental Pediatric Physiotherapy?
Developmental pediatric physiotherapy is for children aged 0-3 years old. Physiotherapy for young children focuses on education, exercises, games, and myofascial release to help your child reach their movement potential in a safe and evidence based clinic.
Fascia is a tough, connective tissue that supports and surrounds every muscle, nerve, blood vessel, bone, and organ down to the cellular level in your body. Myofascial release is a safe and effective manual therapy technique which involves applying gentle, sustained pressure into the connective tissue restrictions to eliminate pain and/or restore motion. It is beneficial for:
- Babies who experienced trauma in birth
- Babies who don’t like any position or are difficult to soothe
- Newborns with persisting asymmetrical shaping of the cranial bones
- Babies and/or children with abnormal:
- Muscle tone
- Movement patterns
- Myofascial and joint related restrictions