To our valued clients, as the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve, we are aware of the heightened concern around the situation. Please be assured that the health and safety of our clients, employees and community at large is our top priority. We want to continue to be there for our clients during this trying time and to this end we want to ensure that all of our practitioners and staff are employing best practices as outlined by Health Canada, the World Health Organization and our Provincial Health Agencies.
We want you to feel comfortable when attending for your treatments. We are fortunate that our clinic only has individual treatment rooms that allows for social distancing. Our goal is to not use our waiting room at this time in order to support this policy, therefore we ask that clients arrive just a few minutes early to check in and we will escort you directly to your treatment room.
Also, as a result we have implemented the following:
- We have reinforced our already rigorous standards and operating procedures for continual sanitization of all of our clinic spaces (see COVID-19 Cleaning Protocol for details)
- Therapists follow normal protocols of washing hands between clients, continuing to utilize gloves as necessary and dependent on area of treatment, with gloves changed between clients. Therapists will wear gowns, which will be changed between each client. Depending upon area of treatment and treatment proximity, your therapist may wear a mask.
- We continue to promote proper handwashing protocols for all staff and encourage clients to wash their hands upon entering the clinic. Gloves are also available for clients use.
- Advising clients and staff to monitor their health for any symptoms and stay at home if they or their immediate family members present with any symptoms of COVID-19, which include:
- Shortness of breath
- Staff who have travelled by air outside of the province in the last 14 days will be self-isolating
- Clients who have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days are asked to reschedule their appointments until after the 14 day isolation period, obviously no cancellation feel will be applied
- Clients who have travelled outside of Manitoba are also encouraged to reschedule their appointments until after the 14 day isolation period, again, no cancellation feel will be applied